My life has been destroyed...

...it has been destroyed by a coffee shop.
If you know me you know that there is very little in this world that I love more than a really good cup of coffee... even a shitty cup of coffee is pretty high up on my list...
So to have found coffee heaven and have it be so close yet so far away has just completely ruined me.
I have no reason to go on.


You walk in and are greeted by none other than your barista.... no cashier or extra help... just your barista. Who, because they are so busy and important, will not bother being nice to you.
Call me what you will, but I love that whole shtick.. I think it's a hilarious part of the LA coffee experience, to have your barista be unamused by your order, presence or preference. They don't have to care about you or what you think, they know they are handing you probably one of the best beverages you will ever put in your mouth. So, I was loving the general smugness of my barista. The less eye contact they give you, the better drink they deliver.
Anyway, I ordered a soy latte.
I was expecting good, I was expecting great, I wasn't expecting what I was handed.
Clearly because before sipping, I started wandering to the sweetening station, assuming it would need something.
Nothing
it needed nothing.
The soy was hot but drinkable. 
Smooth yet foamy. 
The espresso was strong but pure. 
Distinct but even.
The two flavors mixed harmoniously in my mouth from the first to the very last drop.
I was in heaven.


It even maintained its balanced profile and general temperature for 30 minutes after it was served.
We walked Abbott Kinney, window shopped and savored the amazingness in our cups.
It was a very quiet walk.

It's not cheap, but it's what is to be expected from a fancy coffee shop.
It's adding the cost of driving an hour to LA every morning for a cup of coffee that makes it unattainable.

Ah, til next time, my friend... until next time...






0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

MC email

Stay Up to Date!

* indicates required

Instagram