Tasty Tuesday* Pancakes That Think About Eggnog


I currently have, in my possession, 5 different types of Vegan Eggnog.
I decided this year for Thanksgiving, I wanted to do a Vegan Eggnog tasting so I have been collecting as I see them.
So far I have: 2 different types of Coconut Nog, Soy Nog and Rice Nog.
- Creamiest?
- Most true to flavor?
- Best overall?
I will have the official results for you on Wednesday.

In the mean time, I am getting creative with the Nog! Seeing as I always welcome any reason to make pancakes, they were the first thing that came to mind.



I must say, I'm not particularly thrilled with this recipe... I typed "Eggnog Pancakes" in Pintrest and opened up about 6 different recipes that all basically said the same thing. So I threw it together and while they were good pancakes- fluffy and light- they tasted very plain. I ended up heating up some "Butter" and syrup in a pan with pecans and pouring that on top which improved things considerably. But still, didn't really scream egg nog.

So I present to you..

Pancakes That Think About Eggnog
Ingredients

2 cups Flour
2 Tbs Sugar
2 tsp Cinnamon
1 tsp Nutmeg
2 tsp Baking Powder
1 tsp Baking Soda
½ tsp Salt
3 Cups Soy Delicious Eggnog
2 Eggs
Instructions
Mix all dry ingredients in large bowl.
Whisk in wet ingredients.
Heat skillet with coconut oil.
Spoon onto skillet and cook until bubbles form and edges harden.
Flip and cook another 1-2 minutes.



1 comments:

 

MC email

Stay Up to Date!

* indicates required

Instagram