{GF} Pumpkin Pancakes with Bourbon Vanilla Maple Syrup

The only problem with pancakes is I always have to eat them standing up...

You have the griddle at the perfect temperature, the batter waiting to be cooked but you're pulling the pancakes off the griddle and they really are best when fresh and hot... so I stand and I eat as I continue to flip jacks... you're never suppose to eat standing, but for pancakes, I make the exception.

Other than that, pancakes are perfect. 
They have and always will be my favorite food.
Age 4-5 I would eat only pancakes... on a small plate... with my Winnie the Pooh fork.
I'm not exaggerating, this lasted for a year.

So, my mom got creative and started adding things to my pancakes:
-extra egg for protein
-apple for vitamins
-cheese for calcium
I didn't care, I loved them all the same, cover them in syrup and I'm game!

So Saturdays usually mean, pancakes!

Today I whipped up one of my favorite recipes...

{GF} Pumpkin Pancakes with Bourbon Vanilla Maple Syrup




{GF} Pumpkin Pancakes with Bourbon Vanilla Maple Syrup
 
Recipe type: Breakfast
Serves: 4
Ingredients
  • 2 cups all-purpose flour (I used gluten free)
  • 3 tablespoons brown sugar (I used Coconut Sugar)
  • 2 teaspoons baking powder
  • 1 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1 teaspoon allspice
  • 1 ½ teaspoons ground cinnamon
  • ¼ teaspoon ground ginger
  • ¼ teaspoon nutmeg
  • ½ teaspoon salt
  • 1 ½ cups whole milk (I used Rice Milk)
  • 1 cup canned pumpkin
  • 1 egg, lightly beaten
  • 2 tablespoons Vegetable oil (I used coconut oil)
  • 2 tablespoons white vinegar
  • 1 cup maple syrup
  • ¼ cup bourbon
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
  1. In a large bowl combine flour, brown sugar, baking powder, baking soda, allspice, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, and salt. Whisk together.
  2. In a medium bowl, whisk together milk, pumpkin, egg, vegetable oil, and vinegar.
  3. Add flour mixture to pumpkin mixture and stir just until dry ingredients are incorporated into the wet.
  4. Heat a lightly oiled griddle or large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. For each pancake pour about ¼ of batter onto the griddle and cook until both sides are lightly browned..In a small saucepan, bring maple syrup and bourbon to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer for 8-10 minutes. Add vanilla and serve warm.


Other than the changes I note, I used her recipe and it is AMAZING! I have made it several times now and am always happy with the result. Please do enjoy!

**Please note, this is not MY recipe and I am not trying to claim that it is! I am not a food blog, I do not have an expensive camera or awesome food blogging skills. All credit for food and photos goes to Spicy Southern Kitchen. Check her out, she has some amazing stuff! 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

MC email

Stay Up to Date!

* indicates required

Instagram