How to Survive Teaching the Worst Class You’ve Ever Taught

Being on crutches, I am now teaching all my classes verbally. No demonstrating, all verbal cues! While I feel that it has really improved my talent as a teacher, it did lead to my teaching The Worse Class of My Life! I had taught classes I didn't feel great about before, especially when I first started. But there is something about getting onto your mat and flowing it out that helps you cope, think of your feet and move on. But just sitting there, on my mat, energy leaving the body, spine slouching, mind twirling, I felt like I lead the class into the ground.
Akin to my earlier post, I feel that I have learned, pretty well, to let things flow off my back. Look at it, learn from it and then move on. I managed to do that with the class and have gone on to teach many, many great ones since then.
Coming across this post by Jason Crandell also helped me greatly! It is so good to know that it happens to everyone!



0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

MC email

Stay Up to Date!

* indicates required

Instagram