Arizona by the Numbers.. 1 Yoga Studio

Of all the yoga studios in all of Arizona, man am I glad I walked into this one!
I had no idea when I started looking around the city that Arizona (especially Scottsdale) was the place for yoga. Not just yoga but hot yoga!? In Arizona?!



I was attracted to Hot Yoga University for it's drop in price, you really can't beat $10. It is a Bikram/Vinyasa blend which I also usually really enjoy.
Once I walked in, I was greeted by a foyer that really can only be described as adorable.
Kitchy signs, local art work and a comprehensive yoga library decorate the foyer. There is one asana room and spacious dressing rooms with showers.
I was greeted by the owner Karin and my teacher, Ashton.
Karin was very warm and genuine. I could tell, within the first 5 minutes, that her mission statement isn't just words, it is a promise that she runs her studio by.

"We are here to create a paradigm shift in the realm of Hot Yoga. To serve the yoga community and her yogis with love and compassion. To create a learning environment where each student is encouraged to show up on their mat, just as they are. To provide a clean, stimulating, fresh air facility. To open our doors to everyone, by offering affordable tuition. To develop teachers that leave their ego's at the door, teach from their heart, and believe that it is all about the students and not about themselves; to have each student leave class feeling uplifted, knowing that they make a difference in the world. This is Hot Yoga, Evolved."

The class was fun!
I took Hot Yasa, "An intermediate, still evolving class that consciously combines the practice of asanas (positions) with breathing work and music." I would say intermediate is an accurate description. Nothing too challenging, very basic postures and sequencing but it was definitely a flow, with 3-5 breathes per movement throughout the whole class.
I kept thinking, "This is what Bikram teachers think Vinyasa is...." There was no posture break down but basic alignment cues were given.
The playlist was fun with top 40s songs and I found myself singing along as I bounced and flowed. Ashton held the class beautifully. She was open and inviting, I felt well taken care and I noticed she used everyone's name at some point during the class.
If you find yourself in Scottsdale and enjoy heated yoga of any kind, I most definitely recommend this studio!



0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

MC email

Stay Up to Date!

* indicates required

Instagram