New Moon Meditation

I have been wanting a personal daily mediation practice for years. Years! But you know what I've been doing about it? Wanting it.
This has proven to be very ineffective.
When my dancers ask me how to get down in their splits or be more flexible, I always tell them the only way to do it is stretch. That's it. Everyday.
There is no movie to buy or shake to drink, the only thing that leads to flexibility is stretching. Your splits aren't just going to one day appear.
So as I was reflecting on my Full Moon Goals on this day of the New Moon, to see where I was with all of them, I realized I had stopped getting down and meditating daily.
I had lost given up my practice.
If you look closely at where culture has evolved with regards to the human work ethic, you will observe a trend of disempowerment.
We now make something that can do anything for you.
We have taken the work and removed it from our grasp.
We have disempowered ourselves.
If I believed in excuses, I would say it almost isn't our fault. (But I don't, so it is.)
It is generations of Pavlovian training.
Deferring work yet attaining gratification feels much better in the short term.
However, the trend of not knowing "how" to lose weight or "how" to attain our live's goals is troubling.
The "how" is WORK.
The "when" is NOW.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

MC email

Stay Up to Date!

* indicates required

Instagram