The Alchemy of Flow and Form; An Intensive with Christina Sell

One of the things I love most about being a teacher is that is requires me to be a life long student. When it comes to yoga, there is always something new to learn and understand. Postures, theory, philosophy, language, I am excited to spend the rest of my life learning about this beautiful science and art that I get to teach. 
This last weekend, I had the opportunity to learn from an exceptional teacher and woman, Christina Sell. This workshop was of particular interest to me as it addressed flow vs. form in physical practice.
"Often yoga practitioners see flow-based practice and form-based practice as two distinctly different approaches to asana. Christina Sell believes that flow and form both inform one another and when skillfully combined through ongoing inquiry and practice yield an outcome in asana that is expand, deepening and nourishing." 


The weekend exceeded my expectations. There was three, three-hour classes where she taught form and weaved it beautifully with flow. The highlight for me was the "Teacher Session" which was a sit down discussion with about twenty local teachers. We all journaled and discussed teaching; what we loved, what challenged us and how to find our authentic voice. It is not very often that I get to sit in community with fellow teachers so it was a real treat.







0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

MC email

Stay Up to Date!

* indicates required

Instagram